Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TYRA BANKS: "smiling eyes" trademark/scandal/controversy

Now I hate to bring down a sister, much less do I revel in dirtying the good name of my astrological birth twin, Ms. Tyra Banks...however,

recent developments in broadly-defined latent pop-information cross-analysis have led me to raise the one question Tyra Banks thought she would never have to answer to (...and in all likelihood still won't).


If you know Tyra Banks even semi-casually, you know that she considers herself the inventor, pioneer, and justified owner of all rights and due credits attributed to one. amazing. modeling.  maneuver.

(Said maneuver, concerning its usage, has been cleverly designed in such a way by Tyra that "proof" of it having been both physically and psychologically accomplished simultaneously is nearly impossible to decipher, thus any verification of having done the maneuver correctly, incorrectly, or at all is secured primarily within the jurisdiction of Ms. Banks)

I am talking, of course, about what is commonly "known" as "SMILING WITH THE EYES", or as I have sometimes heard it shortened to; "SMILING EYES"

...which brings me to my next point.

             Ray Charles.      

...which reminds me I was going to raise a question;

Dear Tyra, did you reallly invent "smiling eyes"?




So then. Ray Charles. Georgia on My Mind. Lyrics by Ray Charles. Just yesterday I was walking down my street listening to Ray and not thinking about modeling moves or Tyra or anything...

"Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly"

Now you might be saying that these two uses of the eye-smile term have nothing to do with eachother, and ok, I can see that but what I'm saying yo, is that the smiling-eye term has been double-coined; once by a former-model who believed she invented a way of adapting a traditionally lip & tooth maneuver (further complicated by the emotional implications and attachments it suggests) into a loosely defined eyeball expression (of which she is the foremost expert) that both validates the modeling industry in its entirety and can be used as a barometer for judging the modeling integrity of any and all models who are (somewhat tragically) not Tyra Banks...

a term coined firstly and much earlier by a blind man whose ability to imagine an expression he could not see as expressed through the organs which he (somewhat tragically) could not see through was as unhindered as it was umatched by his musical genius and (dare I suggest it, Tyra) humility!







No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...