Tuesday, October 1, 2013

the HAIRCUT VIDEOS!?

Speaking of Dad ques... a while ago I had really long hair and needed to cut it and when I decided to stat cutting it I wanted to do something creative and productive in the process... like asking my friends/dad/strangers in Texas to give me a haircut and secretly video-taping them on my computer.

I think this idea stemmed from a few points
 
1. I never had long hair my whole life until I stopped going to the "hair dressers"- the people who tell you how much hair needs to be cut to keep the hair "healthy" (hair is dead) and how they will cut it special so that it will grow long (hair is dead and it grows even after you die).

2. I wanted to see how people would cut my hair when I asked them to do whatever they felt like and gave them no direction nor instilled in them the fear that if they did it wrong I would never be beautiful again! (hair is dead and grows even after you die)

3. As a junior high and high schooler I used to fantasize about freezing time in class and going around the room to each desk while everyone was frozen. I would imagine how I would cut every person in the class's hair- some I would give a very stylish imaginary cut to and obviously on others I would seek  revenge or entertainment.

So unfortunately the getting people to cut my hair part of the haircut program got momentum before the video-taping the haircuts program got momentum, although it did get going and has since successfully clogged all data availability on my laptop.

What this means is the videos kind of stat out with me having pretty short hair already, although the initial idea was that I would have long hair and also I did. I did have long hair in the beginning and to the present moment I have still not gone to the hairdressers for any assistance in getting it shorter.

Since I still can't find my external hard drive I started uploading the videos to youtube as a pre-emptive measure in possibly deleting them from my computer. The ones up on youtube take place mostly before during and after Robert Tortora and I's trek across America in the name of Goodluck with Elevators (late summer 2012).

*Videos of longer-haired cuts do exist some places in different formats also, which I will one day also find. Maybe I should have uploaded to youtube from the beginning but I wanted to just sort of compile the cuts like data and do something with them which I still might do but haven't done yet,

SO IN THE MEANTIME if you're looking for weird haircut videos to end the day or look into my youtube channel and find a myriad of weird haircut videos along with some accidentally uploaded nonsensical maybe haircut video related/ maybe not videos with me in them or without me in them THIS IS THE REASON!

One of the first haircuts I solicited was from my Dad (dad ques full circle, remember) and he took his work pretty seriously. He also needed little direction to do what I assume he would think of as "the right job".

Here it is!



Oh no just kidding looks like that was a video I didn't know I recorded- really sets the stage though, right!? Let's leave it, youtube!

Here it is, REALLY!

norwell, ma

 19 minutes! (the time it takes for each free art-sociological experiment haircut turns out to be a varying factor)

As you can see as the project continues...

#2



atlanta, ga

#3



bastrop, TX

#4



#5



austin, TX

#6



#7


charleston, SC

#8

No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...