Friday, March 21, 2014

LUCKY NUMBER 13

I really love the number 13. Its maybe the only NUMBER I find reassuring. Numbers bother me because you can barely use words to describe them and they don't really seem like 'things' to me. It seems like an inadequate language to me, the whole math thing, but there is an exact truth in it which I am learning to appreciate (I am forcing myself to say now) because I do benefit from spending time with you, Mr. Metronome and you are a bit mathy aren't you. You are not quite words or music but you have a heart. beat. So maybe I will make you Math to me and Love you.

Last night I got a drink with Jeryn at Sally Obriens (with a $13 tab) was thinking of my haircut upload and wanting to tip 50 cents almost just to make it MATCH (I decided not to be an asshole for the sake of a fringe number obsession/compulsion/neurosis I haven't yet fully developed) went to open mic at Bloc 11 and signed in the #13 spot (which has happened a lot, but I remain inconclusive on the significance of the number voodoo) and I felt REASSURED! BY A NUMBER! (but probably more so by an amazing friend and a welcoming group of people and a good tiiime- but THE NUMBER WAS THERE TOO OK!


MATH!! HERE'S LOOKIN' ATCHOO!

photo in Roxbury by Kelsey Barton

THINGS TO CONSIDER;
Is a haircut more like math or art? That's tricky isn't it? Or stupid. I think, Math, what I'm saying is, your presence in the universe, your organizing principles are felt and understood by us humans more so without numbers than with them...but I do wonder what it could possibly mean when certain ones keep showing up (in the past several years I went from 7 winfield st, to 7 price rd, to 7 chester st. which is kind of weird)
and umm, yeah, so if Man is 5...

A new haircut has emerged from the archives with the numeral worth of 13.5...Lets listen in!
(Maybe there is a program I could use to up the audio on this but that has yet to be determined)


No comments:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...